Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Newsletter Challenge -OCT

~October has been designated


Family History Month ~

"When I learned that October is Family History Month I immediately thought it would be a great time for us to consider our part in the ongoing history."

QUILTING

Investigate Into Your Family's Quilting History

Throughout history, people have enjoyed quilts for many different reasons. Quilts can provide clues to the past. Quilts can provide warmth. Quilts can provide beauty and value. Quilts can provide heritage. Quilts can provide enjoyment from working with color, texture, and pattern.

Newsletter Challenge!
Readers Reply!
I made this wall hanging for my sisters 60th birthday in 2005. I thought an attic window design would be perfect to display the photos of the family. I saw this design in a book, worked out dimensions and then realized that my pictures were all different sizes. It was a nightmare but eventually I worked it all out. I started off with Mum and Dad’s wedding picture and then took pictures of my brother , sister and me through the years and then onto our respective families. Marion just loved it. So here is another way to show a SHORT family history .

Rosemary





WOW!! Thanks Rosemary
Please call into the shop receive a small thank you gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment